• The Pilots dropped an 84-68 decision to Washington State in Seattle on Tuesday.
• Jared Stohl had a team-high 21 points and Nemanja Mitrovic added 17 as Portland cut an early 21-point deficit down to one midway through the second half before losing at the end.
• Luke Sikma is leading the WCC and is fourth in the nation in rebounding (12.5).
• Stohl’s 22 three-pointers made led the nation as of Nov. 25. He led the nation in 3-point percentage last season (.478) and could become the first player in NCAA history to do it two years in a row. Stohl is already the UP record holder in threes made (267) and is second in school history in 3-point pct (.456).
• Portland is ranked No. 17 in the latest CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25.
• Head coach Eric Reveno returns with his staff for their fifth season at Portland.
• The Pilots matched a school Division I record with 21 wins last season, following a 19-win 2008-09 campaign. Both years Portland was invited to the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament.
• The Pilots are 3-0 at the Chiles Center this season and 28-4 at the building since the beginning of the 2008-09 season.
About UC Santa Barbara I Stats I Schedule/Results
• Head coach Bob Williams is in his 13th year at UC Santa Barbara.
• The Gauchos have wins over Denver (65-49) and Fresno State (69-54), and losses to Oregon (72-70) and North Dakota State (68-60).
• Orlando Johnson had career-highs of 35 points and 11 rebounds in the win over Fresno State.
• The Gauchos return all five starters and 10 lettermen from a 2009-10 team that went 20-10 and made the NCAA Tournament after claiming the Big West Tournament title.
• UCSB owns a 5-4 all-time record against Portland. The Gauchos won the last two meetings, most recently a 75-67 decision on Dec. 2, 2006 in Portland.
Friday, November 26, 2010
Portland Pilots preview
Posted by Gaucho Greg at 2:53 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment